Below are the privacy policies of Sutter Medical Foundation both for this website and for personal health information.
Personal Health Information
Notice regarding Sutter Physicians Alliance and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA):
Our Website Privacy Policies
We make the following assurances of privacy for visitors to our website:
- The Sutter Medical Foundation website is designed to provide useful information about our program and to connect users with physicians, facilities and services within Sutter Health.
- Our website does not promote or sell products of any kind. We do hope that the information provided encourages the visitor to consider using the Sutter Health network for medical care, or that visitors might decide to join our organization as an employee, volunteer or donor.
- We keep track of visits to our website via an automatic monitoring program that tells us, among other things, how many visits are made to the site; the time of day and date of those visits; and the areas visited. This information is used to evaluate the effectiveness of our site and the effectiveness of any promotion of our site. It helps us answer questions such as these: Are we providing information on our website that is useful? Which information is most useful? How have we made you aware that our website exists?
- The monitoring program does not provide us with any personal information about a visitor. We cannot discern the name, address or any other personal information about visitors to our site.
- If we wish to gather such personal information, it will be requested via a form on the site that the user voluntarily completes and submits. The form will describe the way in which the information will be used.
Who Funds Our Website
The Sutter Medical Foundation website is funded entirely by the operating income of the Sutter Health network.
We accept no outside funding for the creation or maintenance of our website, nor do we accept advertising income in exchange for promotion of any product or service via our website.
Who Oversees Our Website
The information on our website is managed by the Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region Marketing & Communications Department, in Sacramento. Questions, concerns or suggestions can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments or questions will be routed to the appropriate individual within the organization.
You can also contact us via U.S. mail at:
Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region
2800 L Street, 7th Floor
Sacramento, CA 95816
Our Health Information
All health-related information provided via our site is intended to educate and inform visitors about illnesses and conditions and ways to maintain optimum health. It is not intended to diagnose personal physical conditions and is not a substitute for consulting with one's own personal health care provider. By viewing our website health information, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions.
Our health-related information is derived from two primary sources:
- Our Sutter-aligned physicians and medical experts. Information posted on the site, such as our preventive health guidelines, have been reviewed and approved by clinical leadership groups within the Sutter Health network.
- Our affiliation with HealthWise. The bulk of our health information and education material is provided by HealthWise. You can learn more by visiting the HealthWise Knowledgebase.